Saturday, June 26, 2010

Christopher's Garden (The Gnomon)

Well, I finally got to work on my front yard this month and ended up spending a lot of time at Appalachian Creek Nursery. On one of my visits, owner Jeff Seitz introduced me to Christopher Mello who runs an urban sculpture garden in West Asheville. They convinced me to check out Christopher's Garden when I was next in West Asheville. The day was a little rainy, and added a bit of gloom to my pics in a purposefully dark garden.

Entrance to the garden begins near the studio.




One of the features of the garden are the blue glass bottles amid the tree branches.







I loved this manhole cover garden stairway.




Lost your marbles? They may have ended up here.




A little spooky in the photo,
even more so when you stand surrounded by the circle of these shovel people.





Open to the public, located on the corner of Westwood and Waynesville Avenue off Haywood Road behind the Rocket Club and the bio-diesel pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment