Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tribal Grounds (Cherokee)

This is just a nice place to get away if you find yourself in Cherokee.

Decided to go in on a whim while heading out of town after our Museum of the Cherokee visit.  We almost drove by, but I pulled a quick turn into the new stripmall.  I figured I would just pop in and buy a pound of beans for my arriving houseguests, so I left sis and baby in the parking lot to wait.

Too bad I didn't drag them in with me.  The ambiance of the shop is clean with a woodsy, natural feel.  The aroma of fresh roasted bean draws you in, rather than overwhelming the senses.  I didn't get to kick back in the cosy back room, but browsed the one pound bag selection.  They seem to keep just a few fresh bags out and let you know to ask if you don't see something you want.  There is a very informative key to their roasting types and the baristas were friendly and fun to talk to.

Best of all, the coffee is excellent!  I got a Deep Woods Roast (Darker) from the Bolivia Yungas.  So it came down the most dangerous road in the world...


No comments:

Post a Comment