Monday, March 29, 2010

Lusty Monk Mustard

This one is for my mom.  She loooooooves hot mustard.  Unfortunately, when she was here earlier this month we didn't get a chance to try it...

So, Mike and I like to take Emma out for 'Babies and Beer' on Tuesday nights at the downtown Thirsty Monk, which is a two story pub serving American and Belgian brew.  (Scott must visit) 


Some of the grub they serve includes fresh pretzels accompanied by The Lusty Monk's old-style, coarse-ground, amazingly yummy mustards.  At first bite, I felt a little sting in the nose, then tears formed in my eyes about the same time my tongue started watering.  When the sensations cleared, I knew I had to have more.  My favorites were the 'Original Sin' and 'Alter Boy' honey which are hotter than the 'Burn in Hell' chipotle.


 
Three mustards to the right are by Lusty Monk.
Almost didn't get the honey in the pic, it was going so fast! 


I bought mine at Thirsty Monk downtown Asheville.

No comments:

Post a Comment