Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bee Sweet Honey & Crafts

While surfing the web for a job and researching some of the region's companies, I stumbled upon the name, address and phone number for Bee Sweet Honey and Craft of Old Fort.  True it sounds a lot like procrastination, but you have to admit, it also sounds like a good prospect for the blog.

So it was not until my beautiful and talented (and available) sister needed one more souvenir from her visit that I was able to check out Bee Sweet.  My parents, Nancy and Dennis, were also out and baby Emma made for a party of five in the crammed rental car.  We were on the hunt for a difficult to shop for sister-in-law, so the skin care items Bee Sweet offered sounded good.

I highly recommend you make an appointment if you are going to see Beth.  She was so gracious in letting us drop in on her ... at her home!  The house is about 5 minutes outside of Old Fort, which is basically a village or very small town, itself.  Then we took a road into the wooded area about 2 minutes.  It had only stopped snowing and raining a couple days before, so when we came to her drive, which seemed like a 45 degree angle of unpaved mud, we were a little hesitant.  At the crest of her drive, a patrol car came into view.  (At least if we were in the wrong place we felt safe?)  I was really feeling bad now about invading her privacy and her, probably night patrol, husband's sleep.  Did I mention Beth was also not feeling so well that day and STILL opened her place to us? 

So Beth showed us some of the products she had left from last season, since the new honey season doesn't start up for a while. She uses a number of natural scents, but mixes her own Carolina Mist fragrance. We looked over her soaps, which are fresh in appearance and texture, moist and have a potent fragrance. She also had lotions and pointed out her lip balm, which is "the best you'll ever try". Well, after unpacking from our move and finding the some dozen sticks of lip balm I've bought and used once, I was hesitant. But she did say it was "the best" and I'm obviously a sucker for lip balm. Viki bought the lotion in Carolina Mist. I bought some Lavender soap for someone who looooves it, but shall remain nameless due to the girly connotation. (I'll make sure we get a review, though.)

So, the reason I'm adding Bee Sweet to the blog?  Because it truely is the OMG BEST lip balm I've ever had.  I chose the Raspberry and Cream.  As soon as Vik and I got back in the Grandparent/child packed car we started passing around the goods.  Everyone one was gaga over the lip balm!  Viki even asked me to send her some in Hungary when the new season is out.

Bee Sweet makes their own honey from their own hives and bees, on the hillside of their lot.

I bought mine direct from Beth:
519 CANE CREEK ROAD
OLD FORT, NC 28762
828-668-7117 (call ahead)
Handcrafted natural skin care products, beeswax candles, honey in season.

No comments:

Post a Comment