Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Old Red Barn Co.

The Goat Milk Soap from ORB is why I wanted to start this blog.  Emma and I were shopping for stocking stuffers in Black Mountain one blustery afternoon and found the yummiest, melt-in-your-hands soap I'd ever encountered.  I'm not an expert on soap making, but I have a weakness for collecting nicer soaps in my travels; this one made me gaga.  Some of my lucky ladies got a bar in their stocking. 

I'm hoping to visit the goat farm when it warms up and I'll post pics and, hopefully some video! 

The sage and blackberry was my favorite this season, but the flavors change.  They also sell sugar scrubs.  Their ingredients are simple and very fresh, using natural vegetable oils and butters combined with goat milk.  I can't wait to move into the new house and 'spa'!!!

I bought mine at Mountain Spirit Gifts in Black Mountain.  Say "hi" to Belle the shop dog.

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to that... the soaps are gaga!

    ReplyDelete