Sunday, April 25, 2010

Faerie Made

I stumbled onto Faerie Made while browsing the shelves for local products at French Broad Food Co-op.  It was actually the shnazy packaging that caught my eye.  Pretty nice for small scale production.  The soaps were nice and earthy, different from the competition and looked like they had some potential for future review.  Then I saw their muscle ache rub; an item of which I was in sore need.  I vowed to come back for a closer look, and off we went to the Thomas Wolfe Memorial to enjoy some of the history of our new city.

At the end of our tour, I began chatting with our tour guide, Allen (an excellent guide), only to discover he was the Faerie Made owner's neighbor!  He told me he always had some samples on hand and was happy to pass on a couple soap chips.  He confirmed for me that Faerie Made really was a local, small batch, hand crafted business right out of Asheville.  Now I was really excited about my muscle balm purchase!

Sans child and hub, I headed back to the Co-op and grabbed a stick of muscle rub, then prowled the shelves for more Faerie Made.  There were facial lotions, many soaps, but none of the Cheeky Balm I had read about on the Faerie Made web site.  The testimonials were pretty fantastic for that item, but there was an additional statement that it often sold out.

Then I saw it!  I was so excited.  Practical, so a justifiable purchase.  Natural, so safe for baby.  Another OMG best I've ever experienced: Body Oil Spray w/insect hating lemon eucalyptus & catnip (AKA Pester Me Not).  This oil is so soft, so moisturizing, so light, so lovely scented that I want to wear it every day.  Where I was before dreading the new experience of flies the size of my thumbnail and mosquitoes that drain one dry, I'm now looking forward to the excuse to spritz away!


Bring on the bugs!

Oh, and as for the Arnica Balm Muscle Rub?  Skeptically, I ran the stick over my stiff neck and shoulders.  I have to say, the scent was fabulous; sort of Eucaliptus and Mint.  There was a slight tingle that faded away, then I went on with my day and forgot about it.  Thirty minutes later I came across the container and realized I had full motion in my neck!  Wow!  I don't know how it works, but it really does.  And no Ben-Gay smell!  A winner.


I bought mine at The French Broad Co-op. 
Also saw it at Asheville City Market.
Available online: http://faeriemadesoaps.com/

2 comments:

  1. Totally LOVE all the Faerie Made products! I spend a fortune at the WNC herb fest every year at Tina's booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using Faerie Made products for years. I actually call them Faerie Magic because of the Arnica Rub. All wonderful products. I moved away from Asheville almost three years ago :( but I still order direct several times a year. Every person, and there are many, that I have recommended the products to LOVE them and want more. I think Tina does have some faerie magic.

    ReplyDelete